With 82 charter members, Guardian dedicated its first house of worship, on September 19, 1947. With a growing congregation, the ground breaking ceremony for the Fellowship Hall was held on January 11, 1953 with it's dedication on March 28, 1954. Guardian Lutheran School was opened with 44 students attending classes in the Chapel in September, 1959. On March 25, 1962 the new school and office wings were dedicated. On October 29, 1967 ground was broken for the new sanctuary. After many construction delays the formal dedication ceremonies were held on the first two Sundays in December, 1969.
Guardian has been blessed in many ways, especially with its spiritual leaders. The Reverend T. H. Voss started the congregation as a mission endeavor and served from June, 1947 through December, 1973. He was succeeded by Reverend John L. Heins who lead the congregation from June 1974 through September, 1985. After receiving a Divine Call, the Reverend David Schrader served our congregation from August, 1986 until he retired in August, 2005. Reverend David Jung served from September, 1987 through July, 2005. During a transitional period we were blessed with Rev. John Mackowiak as our interim pastor from September, 2005 through August, 2008. The Reverend Darryl Andrzejewski served from August, 2008 through August, 2015. He was succeeded by our current spiritual leaders are Reverend David Mews and Reverend Daniel Ramthun.