Lamentations 3:22 “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end”
Our God is faithful and will do as He says. He keeps His promises and His Word says that His love never ceases and that His mercies never stop showering down upon His children. We are blessed to be His children and this wonderful news of salvation in Christ alone needs to be shared. At our District convention this summer, the Reverend Michael Newman shared some wonderful reminders to us from his book, “Gospel DNA”. He reminded us that we can be like Peter and John who in Acts chapter four, boldly shared the Gospel and were so passionate to preach the good news about what they had seen and heard in the work of Jesus Christ! We are saved and sent servants and we all are MISSIONARIES! We need to wake up and be the salt and light of the earth and live to give glory to God and bring others to Christ. Here are the five markers of a flourishing church according the Reverend Newman:
- PEOPLE- The first marker of every Gospel movement is a love for people. Jesus demonstrated that love to all people and we can follow His example to love all, even those that are harder to love. Let’s have that passionate and urgent love for all!
- MULTIPLICATION-The second marker is the urgent need to share this good news of Christ with others. God so loved the WORLD, which includes everyone and we need to “share/pay it forward”. Who are my neighbors? Who in my family, workplace, neighborhood, and community needs to hear about salvation in Christ?
- TRUTH-Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the life! What a treasure we have been given! Truth matters and it truly is a matter of life or death. We can humbly and in love speak the truth of God’s love shown in Christ and in His Word!
- ADAPTABILITY-We are not always accepting to change and yet we need to hold onto the truth of God’s Word while looking at the various ways we can share this good news in the different contexts of our world. We can stay Bible-based and Christ-centered as we take this message out to our community!
- SELF-SACRIFICE-Jesus laid down his life for our salvation! He paid the price and made the sacrifice for us! What are we willing to give up in order that the GOSPEL can be moved and shared to those around us?
Are you willing to do whatever is necessary for the salvation of souls? We all have the same need as sinners and our Savior has provided the solution! May God work in us to MOVE and GO and continue to share this GOSPEL message of salvation in Christ! God’s peace!